|at ( view profile)|
|Date Posted||January 11, 2018|
Heavy Duty Diesel Technician
- Perfect for new Grad Mechanic starting career!
12-18 month assignment Full time benefits/OT available
• Perform all duties adhering to Cummins Safety policies and Procedures
• Provide excellent internal and external customer support encompassing “Customer Support Excellence” philosophy and standards
• Fasten and install components using hand tools and DC tools.
• Position and align components for manual assembly.
• Identify opportunities for change to accomplish company goals and objectives
• Properly promote company values every day
• Work efficiently, accurately, with pride in workmanship
• Participation in actively maintaining a clean and safe work area
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED Required. Two-year Technical Degree preferred
• Experience assembling automotive products preferred.
• Hands-on experience with wire feed welding, braising, drill press, and welding tools
• Ability to read blueprints assembly drawings and sketches
• Mechanical aptitude required • Ability to perform light fabrication duties (make brackets, modify parts, drill holes)
• Experience with AC/DC electricity preferred, not required
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and customer service skills • Strong attention to detail: paperwork, cleaning, instructions etc.
• Ability to use Cummins software: Insite, Manufacturing tools, or Quick Serve a plus, not required. • Must be able to work in a fast paced, high quality team environment.
• Ability to drive a forklift safely a plus, not required • Must be willing to work overtime and adjustable work schedule due to work constraints Qualifications
• Requires ability to safely lift up to 25 pounds often, up to 75 pounds frequently, and up to 100 pounds on occasion using proper lifting tools/techniques. • Tasks will require bending, stretching, standing, twisting, and climbing up and down equipment throughout the work shift • Position requires wearing appropriate PPE at all times in work areas • Strong hand & eye coordination
Cummins and E-verify At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.