|at ( view profile)|
|Location||Rockland, IL, Illinois|
|Date Posted||August 14, 2017|
Job Title: Journeymen Mechanic
Reports To: Fleet Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A journeyman mechanic who can perform necessary mechanical work and fabricating, either at company shops or at job site/location in a safe, efficient, capable and professional manner. Equipment includes and all equipment serviced by the Company. It will include the pick-up and delivery of said Company equipment.
- Repair and/or replacement of major components including transmissions, differentials, air, electric and hydraulic brake systems, power assist units, steering and suspension assemblies.
- Working and repair knowledge of International and Ford Super- Duty Trucks (F-250-550)
- Operational knowledge of electric, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Perform other job related duties and responsibilities in support of primary duties.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Requires good problem-solving skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to multi-task are essential. Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Commercial Driver’s License (class “A" w/air brake endorsement) required.
- Aerial and directional drill experience is a plus.
- High School diploma, Associate’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate information that is technical in nature.
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills with great ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Well organized, team player, professional and energetic.