|at ( view profile)|
|Location||7950 West 47th Street, Illinois|
|Date Posted||December 7, 2017|
APPRENTICE - HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC
As an Apprentice mechanic, you will be responsible for assisting our journeymen techs in repairing, maintaining and installing truck mounted cranes, trailers and related mobile equipment. Your curriculum and advancement within the program will be under the direction of our shop managers. Your starting level and pay grade will be determined after a review of your experience, taking into consideration your current apprenticeship level, if so attained, as well as work references provided by you.
- Must be physically fit. Able to climb on and under trucks and equipment.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
- Some diagnostic/repair experience with construction equipment, (military experience applies) would be an asset.
- Ability to work with electronic diagnostic tools and computers.
- Some experience with the repair and maintenance of pressurized hydraulic systems would be very helpful.
- Must own your own hand tools. The company will insure your personal tools stored on site.
- High School diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to communicate well – verbally and in writing.
- Ability to obtain CDL designation
- Ability to pass a pre-hire drug screening